Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cheating.

ok.  So, I didn't actually take these this week.  BUT they are fairly recent in that I've taken them over these past few weeks that I haven't been doing my photo posts.  Does it still count?


I have to say, I've really missed playing around with photos.  I'm glad to be back.


Here're my shots for the Sunday Scavenger Hunt:

A Different View
My cute nephew couldn't stop taking photos with his Christmas present.  He's seeing the world through a lens, a different view for him, and I think he's hooked.  (We got bug one for his birthday!)
Looking Up
bug admiring his birthday balloon
Abstract
um... I don't think I'm very good with abstract...
 Hair
I'm pretty sure she's got the cutest hairdo I've ever seen.  Now that she actually has hair.
 Half
There are many ways you can interperet this photo as half.  For instance:  All of these products are now only HALF full.  The bathroom is now HALF empty of its contents.  The bedroom is HALF as clean as it was before.  The bed is HALF covered with mess.  It only took HALF of quiet time to accomplish this.  The amount of sanity I now have left.  The amount by which bug's lifetime has been reduced.  That kind of thing.

I had time to add a few more, yea!  So here's my entry for iheartfaces - the theme is "Winter Wonderland."






My niece, K, catching snowflakes on her tongue.  It won't stop snowing...

And the Trendy Treehouse theme for Shutter Love Tuesdays this week is "Tints".  





ShutterLoveTuesdays

I must admit I never really liked tinting my photos, I just couldn't make it look like I wanted... but this one turned out much better than I expected it to.  
mini and bug in the background.  Snow if FUN!  (But only for about 10 minutes, then they want to come inside).

I did just a little post processing in picnik - a smidge of Orton-ish, some cross process and adjusting the contrast.  Then for tints, I used a periwinkle blue, faded it and used "add" advanced mode.  Better than other tints I've done...


And this one?  This one's just for fun.  
these two are so funny...





18 comments:

A'n'G Johnson said...

What CUTE kiddos! I love the looking up and a different view

Jill said...

I love mini's hair! It reminds me of someone from whoo-ville :)

Ashley said...

Great pics Kim!

Anonymous said...

Love looking up - just gorgeous! And, I love the commentary on half - too funny!!

Lisa said...

That last picture is just too funny. If it's any consolation, I'm sure bug had a lot of fun. :)

jillconyers said...

Love your shot for a different view. Abstract didn't come very easily to me either.

MPE by Irela said...

These are awesome!!! Love "a different view" :)

Ashley Sisk said...

Great work this week - I really love your looking up shot!

Anonymous said...

He he. Too cute. Love the first two.

julie said...

All great shots! I like your take on half :)

Tamar SB said...

Great pictures!

Tamar

Abi said...

All of these photos are great, but your "half" really made me laugh!

Natalie said...

Awh, your "hair" entry IS adorable and love your tint photo you entered!

Katie said...

These are all so cute! I really like how your 'tints' shot came out!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet shots! your tints shot is neat.

Art + Soul Photography by Dawn said...

Hi! I am new to the blogging world and came across your blog thru mutual bloggers:) You have lovely photos!

Meg said...

Your HALF picture is hysterical! :)

Love your Winter Wonderland, and your Tint picture is pretty spectacular! :)

ShutterNinja said...

I love the Half Photo!!!!! Different View is awesome too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...