Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'm still alive. (but tired.) (And stuffed.)

I assure you, this isn't a voice from the grave.  It may seem like it.  I wouldn't blame you if you didn't believe me.  I think it may be what - a millennia?- since my last post?  Yes, that seems right.  I don't know how people do the whole posting during the holidays thing, because I've been awake pretty much since last Tuesday morning nonstop and I STILL couldn't find time to post.  (and yes, that means I WAS one of THOSE shoppers on Friday.)   (I don't do it for the deals, or the crowds, or because I love getting knocked down, blocked off, run over or sworn at.  I just like hanging out all day long with the girls - i.e. my sisters and mom.)   (Seriously, I look forward to Thanksgiving all year long, not for the food or thankfulness, but because it is the one day all year that every single one of us has about 15 hours to ourselves to be crazy and over-tired and funny and sarcastic and just plain FREE.)  But I digress.  Although I spent most of this past week preparing for mr's family and then spending time with them, I managed to snap a few photos.


Here's my scavenger hunt.  Go check out the others at Ramblings and Photos.








Black and White

(This is also my entry for the "Scenic Black and White" over at iheartfaces.  Look at me totally multitasking like a pro.)





looking through a hole in a railing

I Ate This
ALL of it.

Historic
a historic moment at our house... Delilah napping on my mom IL.  He usually avoids most females and wouldn't even look at my mom IL last visit - she felt a little slighted (I don't blame her, I feel slighted by him all the time.  I mean, he's a cat.)  He made up for it this trip by spending the majority of his time attached to her.

Off Center
well, now that I look at it, I realize that mr is actually centered.  But I was focusing on that adorable little girl...

The End
Bananagrams - at the END of our Thanksgiving get together, at the END of the game... and the END of my losing streak, yea!


And at the trendy treehouse, the theme is "give thanks."  



ShutterLoveTuesdays


This is mini, giving thanks for her rocking cousin.  They are quickly becoming best friends.  Hooray for family!
"I adore you, K."




I can't imagine it getting any EASIER to post as the holidays continue... especially considering there are two important birthdays coming.  And considering my love for all things "Christmas" and "tradition".  But I'm going to give it my all.  You'll stick around, won't you?




14 comments:

Unknown said...

great photos Kimberly! i especially love the one through the hole in a fence!

Jill said...

Great photos! I agree that the b&w one is amazing!!!

alisamm said...

I'm partial to mini and K...I love those two.

staci said...

B&W very interesting.

Ashley said...

Hey Kim, good to see a post from you! That black and white is amazing! So so cool. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your off center and black and white photos! Fantastic!!

Unknown said...

Love your black & white shot. Well done

Summer said...

Your B&W is amazing! Super cool shot.

Lisa said...

That feast looks fantastic. It looks like you and your family had a Thanksgiving to remember.

Ashley Sisk said...

These are all great but I absolutely love your first shot! Wow!

Charlene said...

Your black and white shot is seriously awesome!

Captured Expressions said...

Your BW is an outstanding image!!! What an interesting perspective!

Jess said...

Your b&w is sooooooo creative!

Erika B said...

Lovely shots and that last one is so sweet.

Erika B

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...