- I placed the cool whip containers with their openings together, one on top of the other.
- I picked out some cute green fabric from my stash and wrapped it around the containers. I started by putting the fabric under the containers, pulling it up what would be the back of the frog and over the top, leaving the front open, you know, kind of like a taco.
- I hot glued the fabric down, working in small sections; back, top, top container’s sides, bottom, bottom container’s sides. I folded and trimmed the fabric where necessary and tucked it over the containers edges, gluing just a little bit in the inside of the containers. I made sure to leave the fabric connected in the back, because although the containers would be held together with a zipper, I wanted the extra help of the fabric to keep the containers as one solid unit.
- I hot glued on the zipper, working slowly and putting down just a little at a time. Now, here’s where you start to think, “gosh, this is going way too smoothly for her.” And you’d be right. When I was done with this step, I immediately checked my work by trying to open it up and it’s a good thing I did! In some places, the hot glued had seeped onto the zipper, so it was pretty much glued shut. I tore the whole zipper off, spent forever prying up the dried hot glue, then re-glued the zipper on, being much more careful this time. It worked!
- I cut out a small rectangle and folded and glued it over the ends of the zipper on the back of the frog to hide the unsightly glue globs and end of zipper ugliness.
- I hot glued ribbon around the top and bottom of the black zipper for a more finished look.
- I rummaged for some pom-poms I was sure I had like a year ago. Where are they? Where ARE they??? I was amazed I actually found them. Instead of doing the same for the googly eyes I know are SOMEWHERE in the basement, I glued some tiny blue buttons onto some medium-sized white buttons, then hot glued them to the two green pom-poms I miraculously found.
- Voila! Frog!
I call it: the froggy carryall.
Now go make your own frogs for all your cute little guys. Hop to it! (hee hee...)