It's been a long time since my last wreath. And to think, mr used to call me the wreath lady! I guess I got the obsession out early in my blogging-hood. In any case, I used my Vintage Romance Wreath inside this year, which meant I needed a different Valentine wreath for outside. I was determined to use only what I had on hand, which determined many of the materials and the amount of materials I used (for instance, my original idea involved felt, but I didn't have enough red, so I switched to card stock.)
I wanted to incorporate arrows, and eventually all of this led to:
6. Cover a rectangle of card stock in washi tape.
7. Cut out four triangles and four funny looking triangles.
8. I cut two each out of stripes and two each out of solid red.
18. Flip the wreath over to the back and spread glue in a line on the skewers where the large hoop will touch them.
19. Lay the hoop down and press it into the glue.
20. Only put the glue on the skewers, then you can go around and secure the hoop to anything that isn't stuck well, including the dowels.
21. Flip the wreath back over the the right side.
22. Glue the outside of the embroidery hoops over the existing embroidery hoops, sandwiching the skewers between.
And hang her up!
Looks like cupid's been at our house.