Monday, December 3, 2012

Not your ordinary pepper.


I'm late tonight, it's true, but this is deliciousness, right here:



And I couldn't wait another week to share it.  Typically this time of year calls for soups and stews... hot casseroles, sure, but lots and lots of warm, homey, comfort food.  Mmm.  And I wouldn't really consider stuffed pepper comfort food.  No matter how much I like them.  But these peppers?  They are NOT your ordinary stuffed peppers.



And I urge you - strongly, strongly, emphatically URGE you - to step away from your soup for a night and whip some of these up.  Technically they aren't part of "Easy" Yummy Monday, since there are many more than three ingredients (the sign of an easy recipe, according to my sister).  But, honestly, there's really nothing to them.  15 minutes prep, TOPS



30 minutes cooking, and DONE.  

Are you a fan of Mexican food?  These are a really fun, different take on the typical fare, still boasting a fiesta of flavors.
I received some incredibly large peppers from my father, free of charge.  Perfect for stuffing.  But I didn't want to do the typical ground beef/rice/slightly dry kind of thing.  I encountered this recipe from Buns In My Oven and tweaked it a bit.  The result?  Well, I think I've made that abundantly clear.



Don't take my word for it.  

Will you go try them now?  Please?






*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooh these look spectacular. you know, minus the chicken.
but for the meat eaters, spectacular as is ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...